Re: Nested slurs, was: Percussion

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Nested slurs, was: Percussion
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:49:41 +0100

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
address@hidden writes:

I guess the problem appears if you want another slur to end at the
main note after the appoggiatura/acciaccatura.

I was actually surprised myself to notice that slurs indeed can be
nested in LilyPond of neither the start nor the end point coincide.

this feature is slated to be removed. It dates from the time that Jan
and I weren't aware of the distinction between slurs, phrasing slurs
and ties (a long time ago).

I hope you have also considered if it is possible or not to have
an appoggiatura/acciaccatura under a normal slur. I don't know
the answer.

I also hope you are able to document this design decision in the
manual, in a convincing manner.

   /Mats