Re: Linebreaks in fragments & Lily-book

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Linebreaks in fragments & Lily-book
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:30:59 +0100

At least in 2.1.34, it certainly splits into several lines, however
I'm afraid that raggedright doesn't do exactly what you expect,
especially it's not similar to what you get with \raggedright in
LaTeX.
What LilyPond does with this option, is that it breaks the lines at
the same places as it would if you had not given the option. But,
instead of squeezing together or widening the spacing, it uses the
default spacing, which means that some of the resulting lines may be
far too long and some far too short.

   /Mats

Bostjan Kuzman wrote:
In 2.1.28, if I input a music fragment with
\begin[raggedright]{lilypond} \score{\notes{ ... } \end[lilypond] the longer fragments are printed out of page and won't split in several
lines automaticaly anymore as they did in 2.0.0.
What should I do? I know I can specify "linewidth=150" as an option, but there is probably
a better solution.
Thanks. Bostjan

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing