Re: Help getting started

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Help getting started
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 09:11:33 +1000

I have a question to you; how can the manual be changed so that it is
easier to find the answer to your questions?

There are two things. The first is a short overview of the structure of a lilypond file. Something that says "A lilypond file consists, at the top level, of these blocks. This block can contain this other stuff, etc". The second thing is the expansion of the unified index. The index is a great way of finding what section something is is, but it's not big enough. For example, the "<<" operator isn't there and neither is "#". It does have a link to the Scheme tutorial, but that's only useful if I know that "#" is related to Scheme. Some other things that are missing: "(", "\(", "-x", "^x", "_x", "\markup", "\new", "\context" - (this is present, but it has a link to Piano Staves, for some reason).

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Thanks for listening :)
Joe