Re: combining guitar tabs and normal bars

From: Scott Webber
Subject: Re: combining guitar tabs and normal bars
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 07:40:49 -0400

Wouter Hanegraaff wrote:

Hi,

Could anyone tell me what's going on here?

I recently had a similar problem. Your notes are relative so they are throwing each other off. When you put baz after foo, the g' is an octave up from the previous g and the d will be the closest one to that g - above it. Then when you put another foo after the baz, the c is relative to the d now, so it is still an octave up.

You need to add \relative to each chord:

foo = \notes { <c g> }

baz = \notes { <g' d> }
foo = \notes \relative c { <c g> }

baz = \notes \relative c { <g' d> }