Semi-globally changing fonts

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Semi-globally changing fonts
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:21:33 -0600

Bert,

Can't you just change the text in font.scm so that each font named
"cmxxxx" is instead named "aexxxxx"?  Granted, this would eliminate all
use of cm fonts, but it seems to me that that's what you want for this
project.

Alternatively, it seems you could add a whole series of fonts in a
scheme block with a new font-encoding (e.g. bert-encoding).  Then,
instead of overriding the font name in your ly file, you'd override the
font-encoding, and that would switch you to the ae fonts, rather than
the cm fonts.  The nice thing about this is that italic, bold, upright,
etc. are unaffected by the encoding (and in fact, I suspect that's why
the font-name interface is being deprecated).

I hope this has been helpful.  I haven't tried these ideas, but I
believe they'd both get you at least part of what you want.

If you need some help with details of how to do the scheme coding, let
me know.

Carl Sorensen