Re: root / user question

From: Matthias Kilian
Subject: Re: root / user question
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 16:48:30 +0200

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 03:56:40PM +0200, Thomas Scharkowski wrote:
> When I run lilypond 2.2.4 as user I get some console messages in
> german and some english. I do not like this, and jEdit with lilytool
> does not like it either.
> When I run lilypond as root everything is in english.
> Can anybody explain what happens?

You've one of the environment variables LANG, LC_ALL, or LC_MESSAGES
set to de (or de_DE or something similar).  Since LilyPond involves many
different programs, some of them may be localized, others not.

Unset all mentioned environment variables or just set LANG and LC_ALL
to C to get only english messages.

Ciao,
        Kili