#(set-accidental-style 'default) and note spacing

From: Raphaël Slinckx
Subject: #(set-accidental-style 'default) and note spacing
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:02:18 +0200

Hi !

I think there is a bug in the combinaision between set-accidental-style and spacingspanner, or I am completely lost !

I have the following in my .ly partition:

\score {
        \notes \relative do' {
                #(set-accidental-style 'modern)

                ...NOTES ....
\paper {

\context  {\ScoreContext
        \override SpacingSpanner #'spacing-increment = #2.2
        \override SpacingSpanner #'shortest-duration-space = #2.5
}
\context {\StaffContext
        \override DynamicLineSpanner #'padding = #1.5
        \override DynamicLineSpanner #'staff-padding = #6.0
        \override TextScript #'padding = #1.5
        \override TextScript #'staff-padding = #6.0
        \override PhrasingSlur  #'height-limit = #5.0
}

#(set-paper-size "a4")
}

This renders perfectly, my tweaks for the Spacingspanner behave exactly as described in the docs.

Now if I remove the #(set-accidental-style 'modern) or comment it, or change from 'modern to 'default, I cannot change anything about spacing anymore, I can set spacing-increment to #10.0 it has no effects and everything looks like the dedault spacing has come back !!

Is this a bug, or I am doing something wrong ?

Raf