Re: Lilypond can't find its fonts

From: Christian Hitz
Subject: Re: Lilypond can't find its fonts
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 00:18:54 +0200

Am 02.08.2004 um 00:08 schrieb Matthias Neeracher:

> The next oddity is the kerning of the fonts in the PDF output. All of > the text in the header, as well as textual dynamic markings, is squished > together and is mostly unreadable. Oddly, a space character still seems > to produce the same amount of white space; it's just the letters within
> a word that are compacted together.
>
> I think one or more of fink's TeX-related packages may be at fault for > this next part (and hence the cross-posting). The PDF is only squished
> like this when the PostScript output is run through ps2pdf (either
> automatically by Lily or manually).  If I open the PostScript file in
> Preview (and the system converts it to PDF), the letter spacing is
> normal.

I've noticed this recently myself, and this is where fink-users and Jeffrey Whitaker come in: It seems that the ps2pdf in the ghostscript (8.x) package exhibits this bug, but not the one in ghostscript6. I had allowed both as alternatives because I thought they were equivalent, but it seems they are not. Is this a known issue, and is there a known fix?

The new (2.3.9) version does not exhibit this problem anymore.

Christian
--
Christian Hitz
Unterehrendingen, Switzerland