Slurs & fingering collision

From: Bostjan Kuzman
Subject: Slurs & fingering collision
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 10:18:28 +0200

Hello.

I was very excited to read that the slur engine has improved in the latest
versions of Lilypond.
After installing 2.3.8 and trying it out, I could see an improvement of slur
placing in bars with articulation marks, but there doesn't seem any
improvement at all at notes with fingering numbers.

Here's a simple example in which two of three fingering marks get covered
with a slur:

\clef treble
\time 4/4
\key d\minor
c''8-3([b'!] a'16-1 [fis'-1 g'8])

Is there any hope for this being improved?

Anyway, congratulations on your great work with the program.

Bostjan