Re: Finale for Linux?

From: Dave Phillips
Subject: Re: Finale for Linux?
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:40:54 -0400

Greetings:

In a few words: Nothing is happening in that direction (Finale to Linux). Whatever anyone thinks is happening can be easily checked with a quick message to Coda. I just received a brief message from Joerg Anders confirming that he is discontinuing his own development of NoteEdit, but he encourages other programmers to pick up where he left off. This is a bit of a puzzle, because I don't think there's been much community development in NoteEdit (though I may be wrong).

I can understand that Joerg may want to move on to other things. However, a supposed Linux port of Finale is not an especially valid reason (note that the links on the NoteEdit page say nothing in the realm of the definite). I'll believe there's such a port when Coda releases one. Until then it's all smoke...

Best regards,

dp

Cameron Horsburgh wrote:

Hi folks,

I just surfed over to the NoteEdit website, and all there is is a note saying it had been discontinued due to the upcoming port of Finale to Linux. Does anyone have any info about this?

Cameron