Re: Finale for Linux?

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Finale for Linux?
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 21:56:37 -0400

On Thursday 26 August 2004 12:24 pm, Peter B. Steiger wrote:

> BTW, I'm working on a midi-to-lilypond converter since I can't get
> midi2ly to work correctly.  Unfortunately my grasp of both C and MIDI
> file format is pretty elementary, and I can only work on it in my
> spare time which means about 5 lines of code a week.  This may take a
> while...

Have you seen midge?  It uses a text based format to build midi files.
It was easy to convert a midi file created with lilypond to midge format
with the tool supplied, and it's open source.  The syntax is very
different, but possibly you could use it and/or its documentation in
your project.  daveA

--
Paying more at the gas pump?  Bush's Oil Sheikh Buddies, who support Al
Qaeda, Palestinian terrorists, & hate-U.S. school systems everywhere,