Re: couple of questions

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: couple of questions
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 10:22:50 +0200

Unfortunately, mail attachments on this mailing list are filtered away
in an attempt to reduce the problems with virus emails. Could you please
resend to the mailing list with the .ly file included at the end of the
text part of your mail. Also, small examples isolating one problem at
a time are easier to comment than a full score.

However, I try to guess answers to some of your questions below.

Philip Nelson wrote:

Hey all, I'm fairly new to lilypond, but I've got a couple of small problems. I've attached my .ly files so it's easier to describe them.

In bar 69, where there's a trill on an E, I would like to have the "arco" markup below, but then it gets written on top of the 'p' dynamic marking.

You could try to increase the padding property of either the text or the
dynamics, see the chapter on "Changing defaults" and the mailing list
archives for examples on how to do that.

> I would also like the natural sign, which at the moment is above the other
markings, to be beside the trill marking, to indicate to trill on an f natural. Is this possible?

See the section on Text Markup in the manual.

Then, on bar 72, I would like to a slur which starts on the e in 72 and encompasses both the d sharp and e grace notes (ending on the e), but I can't figure out how to do this.

This one I can't guess.