Cross-platform problem

From: J Bruce Ashton
Subject: Cross-platform problem
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:11:29 -0400

Good day.

My friend runs Windows, and would like to have Lilypond for personal use. Unfortunately, he does not have internet access, so asked whether I could download a copy of the stable version for him and put it on a CD-ROM.

I run Mac OS X, and would be delighted to oblige him. However, when I start the download procedure, I have to start with setup.exe, which I have downloaded onto my desktop. I cannot, however, proceed with the steps necessary to get Lilypond itself according to the instructions on your page.

Am I trying the impossible, or is there some way to accomplish this feat? I can burn CD's in the 9660 format which should read on his Windows machine, provided I can get everything I need on his behalf.

Please advise.  And Thank you kindly.

Bruce