Re: Voice vertical alignment

From: Gustavo J. Mata
Subject: Re: Voice vertical alignment
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:17:50 -0400

It worked like a charm.

Thanks a lot!

Gustavo J. Mata

Patrick Hubers wrote:

Gustavo J. Mata schreef:

I succeeded in writing a very simple two-voice score. The problem
is that in the output the voices are not vertically aligned. I assume
that this a general convention for writing several voices in one
staff. In guitar music, however, all voices are vertically aligned, as
they would be in chord notation.

How can I achieve this?

Try putting the bass notes in \voiceTwo, that way the stems for the upper voice will not get in the way and your notes will be perfectly aligned:

\score {
    \notes {
        \relative c'
        \context Staff <<