Voice vertical alignment

From: Gustavo J. Mata
Subject: Voice vertical alignment
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:37:49 -0400

Hello everybody!

I have just downloaded LilyPond version 2.0.1, which runs on
Mac OS X. The port is that provided by Fink.

I'm a beginning guitar student and I would like to use LilyPond
to copy music for th classical guitar.

I succeeded in writing a very simple two-voice score. The problem
is that in the output the voices are not vertically aligned. I assume
that this a general convention for writing several voices in one
staff. In guitar music, however, all voices are vertically aligned, as
they would be in chord notation.

How can I achieve this?

Here is the example I tried:

\score {