Re: lilypond Pukes Thanks to Fink/TeTeX

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: lilypond Pukes Thanks to Fink/TeTeX
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 19:57:05 -0800

Matthias Neeracher wrote:

To get the TeTeX upgrade to complete:

- run "fink update tetex". If it fails...
- Open a new shell window and run it again.
- This is due to the init script the lilypond package installs.

As a side question to this - should it be (theoretically) possible to build Lilypond using the non-Fink distribution of TeX made by Gerben Wierda? I tried it once, but ran into problems with Lilypond complaining that it couldn't find some things in the /sw directory - but of course the TeX items weren't there, because they were in /usr instead.

If I tinker with it, should I be able to get it to work? Or are there some items found only in the Fink distribution of TeX that Lilypond needs?

Many thanks
David