Re: MIDI plugins?

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: MIDI plugins?
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:03:02 -0500

    MG>    I love your program! But I can't get midi2ly to work (I'm using
    MG>    Windows XP home edition). Do you know of any other plugins that can
    MG>    convert MIDIs to .ly?

When you say it doesn't work, do you mean it gives you error messages
instead of .ly files, or just that the .ly files aren't very good
descriptions of the notation you expect to see?

If the former, you should send the error messages.

If the latter, you can try playing with the midi2ly options like -d,
-s, -t, and -k and see if it helps.

But it's actually often true that it's easier to just type lily than
to try to get midi2ly to do it for you.

Another possibility is to install the abcMIDI programs and use
midi2abc and abc2ly, but that's unlikely to do  much better than
midi2ly.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (501) 641-5011
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139