Re: Percent repeat sign

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Percent repeat sign
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:35:59 +0200

Do you want the percent signs already from the firs measure of the
piece? Otherwise, just do
\repeat percent 5 { previous measure }
Isn't this what you actually want to describe anyway? I don't understand
what you intend to use it for otherwise.
Example, a C major scaled followed by 4 bars of repeat signs can be
obtained by
c d e f \repeat percent 5 {g a b c}

  /Mats

Claus Wilke wrote:
Hello,

is it possible to directly engrave percent repeat signs? As far as I understand, the percent repeat mechanism always first engraves something (notes, rests, etc.), and then engraves bars with repeat signs. I.e., if I do
\repeat "percent" 4 { r1 }
I get one bar with a rest, and then three bars with the percent sign. However, I would like to have four bars with the percent sign, and no bar with the rest. Is there any way to do it?

FYI, I am still on lilipond 2.2, so any answer that works with this version would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot for an otherwise great program!

Claus

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems