Re: Percent repeat sign

From: Claus Wilke
Subject: Re: Percent repeat sign
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:57:27 -0700

> Maybe I should have started with this question, but what do you need the
> notation for?
>
> If Mats' trick serves you, then it's ok.  Otherwise please let me know,
> then I will go ahead with adding the sponsored feature.
I realized that Mats' trick would work in principle, but I don't like it (a)
because it's a dirty hack, and (b) because it doesn't help me in my
particular case: In Jazz, people often use the percent sign to indicate "play
something". In the particular tune I tried to engrave, the lead sheet starts
out with a percent sign in the very first measure. Thus, the trick doesn't
work for me.

Claus