offset not working

From: Hans de Rijck
Subject: offset not working
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 19:13:06 +0200

Hi group,

I've tried all afternoon to get a text moved a little higher. I tried '\once
\override' with extra-offset and padding in at least five different syntaxes
but nothing works. I also tried a separate \mark \markup for the text but
with no effect. I get no errors or warnings from LilyPond, the text just
seems to be glued firmly to the staff.

See bar 2, text 'No.1 Lent et douloureux'.

If anyone could help, I'd be much obliged.

kind regards,

Hans de Rijck.