Re: Vertical spacing tweaks.

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Vertical spacing tweaks.
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:28:40 +0200

Trevor Bača wrote:
I'm not sure that I understand what you mean.  Do you want the systems
to be vertically aligned against the page boundaries with their staves
(ie. the 5-line staff symbols) iso. their bounding boxes?

Yes, precisely. It would (theoretically) therefore be possible for the
bounding box to extend off the page ... but in practice the user will
simply increase the top or bottom margin.

That's an interesting idea. No, I'm not sure if it would be possible yet; it might be if you would override the vertical bboxes to be of the same size of the staves, but it would be better to create a special option for that. Let me first build the presently requested features, then I can see what needs to be done further.