Re: Associating transparent note heads with a tie

From: Kevin Nowaczyk
Subject: Re: Associating transparent note heads with a tie
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 06:09:19 -0700 (PDT)

The standard for professional rock guitar tablature is
to only display the fret number when the note is first
struck.  The exception being to redisplay the fret
number within parenthesis if the tie goes over a bar
line.  I currently have \override TabStaff.Ties
#'transparent = ##t set as the default in my guitar
tab template I work off.  The next step is turning off
subsequent fret-number note heads.  I'll work on the
note heads in parenthesis next for a few days to try
to figure it out before bugging you all.

Any suggestions now that I've given a lengthier
explanation?
Kevin Nowaczyk

http://mail.yahoo.com