Re: white text on black background

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: white text on black background
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 15:14:54 -0800

On 15-Feb-06, at 11:36 AM, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Quoting Marius Amado Alves <address@hidden>:
\filled-box xext (pair of numbers) yext (pair of numbers) blot (number)
  Draw a box with rounded corners of dimensions xext and yext.

I'd rather propose to say something like:

\filled-box xext (pair of numbers) yext (pair of numbers) blot (number)
 Draw a box with rounded corners of dimensions xext and yext, where
 blot is the roundness of the box corners.
 Example:
   \filled-box #'(-.3 . 1.8) #'(-.3 . 1.8) #0
 which gives a box extending horizontally from -0.3 to 1.8 and
 vertically from -0.3 up to 1.8, with sharp corners.

Which is shorter and, at least in my opinion, just as informative.

I'd change the ending from ", with sharp corners" to ", with corners formed from a circle of diameter 0 (ie sharp corners)". Other than that, I agree that the same information is conveyed in fewer words. I'll update the docs.

Every single distance related parameter in LilyPond is specified
in units of staff spaces, so that information cannot be repeated
everywhere!

I agree... but I'm not certain that we define "units of staff space" anyway. I'm looking for a good place right now.

Cheers,
- Graham