Re: Vertical spacing of lyrics

From: Lothar Schmid
Subject: Re: Vertical spacing of lyrics
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 23:17:20 +0200

On 5/2/06, Eduardo Vieira <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Lothar,
You didn't say the version you're using, but by your example it is too old
to even compile in the latest version (2.8.0). Well, after I removed \notes,
it did. My first advice is to upgrade you version.

I'm using version 2.2.6. I'd like to upgrade, but 2.2.6 is the only version that is supported by my distribution (debian sarge). As far as I know, there are no .deb - packages available.

Addressing your need, I think the easiest way is just remove
\lyricsto "one" \new Lyrics {  Lu lu lu lu  }

And add these words to the first lyricsto:
La la la la Lu lu lu lu

The problem is that  I am working on a larger song, which contains several "double lines", as well as some longer sections with only one lyrics line. Adding all these lines to one  lyrics _expression_ would be very difficult. Isn't there some easier way?

As to the vertical spacing between lines of lyrics, I'll give you a hint.
See in the manual the SATB template, a line that ends with "extent".

Thanks, that one worked!

Good luck!

Eduardo Vieira

Thanks for your advice,