lilypond-book questions

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: lilypond-book questions
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 21:37:36 +0200

Hi,

I try to update my project from 2.4 to latest lilypond, so I can
finally release it and forget about it.  This is very unrewarding
work.  Apparently I didn't manage to use supported idioms to implement
the output I wanted to have.

The TeX backend seems to be broken in 2.9.9.  Is it still supported in
any way?  I have seen discouragement to use it on the mailing list.
For example:
Layout output to
`a.tex'.../usr/share/lilypond/2.9.9/scm/framework-tex.scm:196:26:
While evaluating arguments to last-pair in expression (last-pair
pages): /usr/share/lilypond/2.9.9/scm/framework-tex.scm:196:26:
Unbound variable: pages

Without using the TeX backend, how can I solve the following issues:

How can I synchronize a font in the book document with the font used
in lyrics mode in a lilypond part of the output?  By try and error I
found out that it was cmb10 for staffsize 18 in 2.4 (presumably with
the TeX backend), but it is Century Schoolbook (non-bold) whatever
size for the default backend in 2.9.

How can I superscript text, like footnotemarkers, in lyrics mode?
Footnotemarkers are part of Unicode, but they should be superscripted
to improve the output.  Alternatively, I guess one can use the
superscripted numbers in Unicode, but that is not the same, and is not
generic either.  This illustrates the gap that has opened without TeX
backend.

Thanks,
Marcus