RE: Rhythmic slashes

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: RE: Rhythmic slashes
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 08:08:02 -0800 (PST)

Trevor Daniels wrote:

> I've never tried it, but could you use a drum voice to avoid
> transposition problems?

In my case I cant just change to a drum voice because these measures are in
the midst of a voice that does play standard notation for most of the piece,
but in places I just have him comping the changes.  I never thought of
transpose, that would misplace the slashes.  Is there any wrapper that can
flag a range of notes to not participate in parent transposition?

For example:

\dontTranspose { b b b b }

Such a command would open up the free use of all kinds of rhythmic notehead
possibilities for comping or slapping the guitar top, etc. that
non-percussion instruments per-se can utilize in their voices.

This slash notation is very commonly used, and I think there should be at
least a small example in the manual on how to do it properly.  (In my
original example I still have to hide the stems, but they could be handy if
you want to show a specific rhythm)