Chord, variables and comments [beginner]

From: Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan
Subject: Chord, variables and comments [beginner]
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 08:40:35 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

sorry if the question was already asked,
but I didn't find the answer in the
archive (maybe I don't know which keyword to use).

So, I'd like to put the guitar chords into a variable in order to reuse them,
e.g.

GuitarChordC = {<e, c   e g   c'   e'>1}

First, I would like to put the duration outside the variable
 GuitarChordC = {<e, c   e g   c'   e'>}
 { \GuitarChordC 1}
but it does not seem to work. Is there any way to do something like that?

Second, I'd like to put a comment, something like
 GuitarChordC^"bla"
but it does not seem to work either. Is there any way to do something like that?

Thanks in advance