Re: Chord, variables and comments [beginner]

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Chord, variables and comments [beginner]
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 13:13:06 +0100

It seems that a standard preprocessor like m4 should be the best solution to your problems. If you search the mailing list archives, you will find a number
of discussions related to preprocessors for purely textual replacement in
LilyPond input files. LilyPond itself does not (and will not) include any
such preprocessor, since it just would make the program larger and more
complicated to support and since there are several freely available preprocessors that can be used. On the other hand, it is possible to implement your own functions
in LilyPond, using the Scheme programming language, see the section
"Advanced tweaks with Scheme" in the manual, but for your purpose, I think
a standard preprocessor is simpler and better.

   /Mats

Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan wrote:
Hello,

sorry if the question was already asked,
but I didn't find the answer in the
archive (maybe I don't know which keyword to use).

So, I'd like to put the guitar chords into a variable in order to reuse them,
e.g.

GuitarChordC = {<e, c   e g   c'   e'>1}

First, I would like to put the duration outside the variable
 GuitarChordC = {<e, c   e g   c'   e'>}
 { \GuitarChordC 1}
but it does not seem to work. Is there any way to do something like that?

Second, I'd like to put a comment, something like
 GuitarChordC^"bla"
but it does not seem to work either. Is there any way to do something like that?

Thanks in advance

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems