Re: which language for programming

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: Re: which language for programming
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 10:15:04 +0100

Am 28. November 2006, 08:56 Uhr (+0100) schrieb Jean-marc LEGRAND:

> So Santa Claus will have to find a good book on that !

Regarding scheme I would recommend the following two books. You can
actually get them electronically in full text (no need to wait for
Santa Claus ;-):

http://www.scheme.com/tspl3/

http://www.mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/

The latter one is for the inclined who really want to come to terms
with the concept of computer science in general.

The content of that book's first edition is also online available as
an excellent video course (made by HP-Television in the 80s; Great
haircuts!):

http://swiss.csail.mit.edu/classes/6.001/abelson-sussman-lectures/

All instructors and authors above have been either related to or
members of the core scheme development team and I think it is a must
for anyone sincerely interested in programming.

--
Orm