Re: # or not before a value

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: # or not before a value
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:33:28 +0100

"so unfortunately there is no
simple rule,
except that if it doesn't work without the hash sign you should always
try to
add one, and vice versa."

   /Mats

This is AWESOME !!!

Mats : just let us know when you write a programming-related book, I'm
definitely looking forward to reading you :)
That said, it seems to be the best and the most universal advice I've ever seen.

(maybe you should consider writing medical books someday, too)

Thank you, nevertheless, for asking and answering this question. It's
a fact that we often apply rules without actually wondering why we do
it that way.

OK, I'm trying to stop laughing hysterically...
(it's hard, though...)

Sorry for this short useless post. I just couldn't help notice it.
Thanks,
Valentin Villenave.

Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan wrote:
> Hello
>
> some variables are set with just the value after the equal sign, and some
> require tu put a hash "#" before, e.g.
>    indent = 2.0\cm
>    but
>    \set fontSize = #-2
> I'd like to know what is the general rule.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology