Re: Tutorial

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Tutorial
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 11:33:05 +0100

Manuel wrote:
As of now, there are three things between me and happiness, at least concerning the first half of my first work with LilyPond, so I can show it to people like a newborn child:

- I need to put the page numbering in the center. I looked in "page formatting" and elsewhere in the tutorial but I don't know how to do it.

That's admittedly a bit tricky to figure out yourself. Using the default definitions
of the header layout as a starting point, I managed to come up with
\paper{
evenHeaderMarkup = \markup
\fill-line {
 %% force the header to take some space, otherwise the
 %% page layout becomes a complete mess.
 " "
\on-the-fly #print-page-number-check-first \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string
 " "
}
oddHeaderMarkup = \markup
\fill-line {
 %% force the header to take some space, otherwise the
 %% page layout becomes a complete mess.
 " "
\on-the-fly #print-page-number-check-first \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string
 " "

- I need to increase or decrease the distance between a specific staff and the next one. Among other places I read under "Controlling spacing of individual systems" but did not find the information.
Do you mean distance between different lines (systems) of a score or between different scores (or between different staves within each system if you have multiple
instruments)?

   /Mats