Re: Lilypond-book indentation

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Lilypond-book indentation
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 10:01:24 +0100

Could you please try to reduce this to a small but complete example file
that can be processed directly, where you have removed the use of
liturgix and other packages and settings that shouldn't affect the result.
You might even find the answer to your problem yourself during that
process.

  /Mats

Matthew Syvinski wrote:
Thank you for your willingness to look at this.
Background info: This is part of what is intended to be a LARGE liturgical work. Package "liturgix" is basically a set of convenience functions I wrote for typesetting Orthodox liturgical works. I can't imagine that it has ANY interaction with LilyPond, since it is never called within LilyPond, nor is LilyPond called from within these commands. The parent LaTeX document looks like this: \documentclass[letterpaper,12pt]{article}
\usepackage{liturgix}
\usepackage{pslatex}
\usepackage{multicol}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\setlength{\parindent}{0in}
\oddsidemargin 0.0in
\textwidth 6.5in
\textheight 9.25in
\topmargin 0.0in
\headheight 0.0in
\headsep -0.3in
%\footheight 0.1in
\title{The Paschal Liturgy, including the Reading of the Acts of the Apostles, Midnight Office,
Matins of the Resurrection, and the Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom}
\begin{document}
\begin{center}
\Huge{The Paschal Liturgy}\\*
\Large{comprising the Reading of the Acts of the Apostles,\\*Midnight Office, Matins of the Resurrection,\\*and the Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom}\\~\\
\end{center}
\input{acts.latex} % Reading of the Acts of the Apostles
\input{midoff.latex} % Midnight Office
\input{resmat.latex} % Matins of the Resurrection
The music is called from within resmat.latex. The referencing LaTeX document looks like this: \litsec{Matins of the Resurrection}
\litsubsec{Thy Resurrection}
\rubric{At midnight, all lights in the church are extinguished, except for one in the altar. The following is sung thrice by the clergy, then sung continuously by the people during the procession.}
\tone{Stichera, Tone Six}
\lilypondfile[quote]{./resmat/thyres.ly}
The odd-looking commands are from custom "liturgix" The music (LilyPond file) called from resmat.latex looks like this (it is partially done because I wanted to test first). I get a musical score (correctly written), but the indent problem is present: \version "2.10.12"
\include "english.ly"
\paper{
  left-margin = 0.0\in
  line-width = 6.0\in
}
sopranoLine =
{
 #(set-accidental-style 'forget)
 \clef treble
 \key g \major
 \set Score.timing = ##f
 \override Staff.TimeSignature #'transparent = ##t
g'4 g'\breve g'4 fs'2 g'2^\fermata \bar "|" % bar 1
a'4 a'4 a'4 a'4 a'2 g'2 a'2^\fermata \bar "|" % bar 2
b'4 b'4 b'4 a'2 g'2 fs'2^\fermata \bar "|" % bar 3
g'4 g'4 g'4 g'4 g'4 g'4 g'2 g'4 fs'4^\fermata fs'4^\fermata g'1^\fermata \bar "|." % bar 4 }
%{
altoLine =
{
 #(set-accidental-style 'forget)
 \clef treble
 \key g \major
 \set Score.timing = ##f
 \override Staff.TimeSignature #'transparent = ##t
} tenorLine =
{
#(set-accidental-style 'forget)
 \clef bass
 \key g \major
 \set Score.timing = ##f
 \override Staff.TimeSignature #'transparent = ##t
} bassLine =
{
#(set-accidental-style 'forget)
 \clef bass
 \key g \major
 \set Score.timing = ##f
 \override Staff.TimeSignature #'transparent = ##t
}
%}
lyricsLine = \lyricmode
{
\set fontSize = #0
Thy "resurrection, O Christ" our Sa -- vior \bar "|"
The an -- gels in Hea -- ven sing. \bar "|"
En -- a -- ble us on earth \bar "|"
to glo -- ri -- fy Thee in pur -- i -- ty of heart. \bar "|"
}
\score
{
 <<
 \new Voice = "upper"
  {
   \autoBeamOff
   \sopranoLine
  }
 \new Lyrics \lyricsto "upper" \lyricsLine

\layout { ragged-right = ##f indent = 0.0\in line-width=6.0\in}
}
Mats Bengtsson wrote: >I can't repeat the problem. Could you please send a small
>example file to the mailing list illustrating the problem.
>
>   /Mats
>Matthew Syvinski wrote: >>I know this has been discussed before, and I've searched the mailing list,
>>but I can't seem to find a solution for the version I am using (2.10.12).
>>
>>I want to make lilypond-book stop indenting the first line of music.
>>Failing that, I *NEED* to make lilypond-book stop overhanging the first line >>of music to the right (i.e. the first line of music juts out to the right by
>>the same distance it is indented).
>>
>>When I use the quote option with \lilypondfile{}, it indents 0.33 inch. If >>I don't, it indents 1.25 inch. The noindent and indent=x\in options won't
>>work (I tried using a negative indent length).
>>
>>I'm using lilypond 2.10.12 and MiKTeX 2.5 on WindowsXP.
>>
>>Can anyone please help?
>>
>>Many, many thanks!
>>
>>Wayne Matthew Syvinski

        Mats Bengtsson