Re: stemUp causes force-hshift to be ignored

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: stemUp causes force-hshift to be ignored
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:59:20 +0100

I'm not 100% certain why force-hshift is ignored, but my guess is that the
collision handling takes over. However, I would propose the following
solution to your problem:

\version "2.11.17"

\score {

\relative c'' {
\time 4/4
\key e \minor
\clef treble
\override Fingering  #'padding = #0.3
\set fingeringOrientations = #'(left)
\set stringNumberOrientations= #'(down)

% See middle voice - move a4 to right and flip its stem up
<< { b1 } \\
{ \voiceThree a4 g8 fis g2 } \\
{ \voiceTwo e2 e,4 e' } >>

Read in "Explicitly instantiating voices" and "Collision resolution" in the
manual for more information.

  /Mats

Sean O'Donnell wrote:
Why does \stemUp cause the force-hshift to be ignored? In the example below, if I remove \stemUp, force-hshift will work. But not as it is.

Thanks,
sean

\version "2.11.17"

\score {

\relative c'' {
\time 4/4
\key e \minor
\clef treble
\override Fingering  #'padding = #0.3
\set fingeringOrientations = #'(left)
\set stringNumberOrientations= #'(down)

% See middle voice - move a4 to right and flip its stem up
<< { b1 } \\
{ \once \override NoteColumn #'force-hshift = #1 \stemUp a4 g8 fis g2 } \\
{ \stemDown e2 e,4 e' } >>

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems