A-Play - a New Shell for LilyPond

From: nordisc
Subject: A-Play - a New Shell for LilyPond
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 21:51:19 +0100 (CET)

Dear all,

Saturday the 17 February, the existence of our “secret” A-Play application was
made public in a response e-mail from Valentin Villenave. We would like to
inform you a little more detailed about our new project.

A-Play is a web-based shell using the LilyPond language. A-Play used to be a
“normal” note-writing program, but we changed our mind, when we saw what
LilyPond was able to do.

A-PLAY WILL BE PUBLISHED VERY SOON ON WWW.A-PLAY.DK

The A-Play shell contains five menus with Copy Pads or "Pallets", which are
code snippets to be pasted into the score editor. After the list of the main
menus, you will find the expanded menu tree, allowing you to look deeper into
the inner working of our menu based copy and paste application.

We have the following statement: A-Play is a freeware GNU documentation or
application according to your liking. A-Play consists of a large range of ready
made templates, chords, scales and other snippet to be copied and pasted into
your favourite editor. A-Play only needs Lily Pond and a text editor to do its
job, i.e. making it easier to program scores. A-Play runs on Windows 98 to XP
and should be able to run on Linux without problems. We have not yet tested
other platforms.

A little teaser, a D(b5) chord box: We have got them in all keys and flavoures:

d^\markup \fret-diagram #"6-x;5-x;4-o;3-1;2-3;1-2;"

See a template example at the end of this (very long) intro.

You are welcome to contact us at:

address@hidden
Phone +45-21 76 15 00

Best regards
NORDISC Music & Text

Henrik W. Gade

NORDISC, Hoertoftevej 9, DK.2700 Broenshoej, Copenhagen

www.nordisc-music.com
www.a-play.dk

1) Score
===
Templates
Score Settings
Import/Export

2) Notes
===
Notes
Bar Lines
Text
Ties
Effects
Octave Signs
Repeats

3) Format
===
Tempo
Meter
Key
Clef
MIDI
Layout

4) Tools
===
Special Chords
Polyrhythms
Phrases
Advanced Rhythm
Dynamics
Teachers
Ancient

5) Help
===
Help
Music Theory
Basic Piano
About A-Play

EXTENDED TREES
===========

1) Score
===
Templates
   Templates
   Blank Sheets
Score Settings
   Paper Format
   Page Format
   Brackets
   Instrument Names
   MIDI Volume
   Meter
   Clef
   Key
   Tempo
   Polyphonic
   Tablature
   Drums
   Groups
   Transpose
Import/Export
   Import MIDI
   Import Noteworthy
   Import Finale
   Export PNG
   Primitive Export

2) Notes
===
Notes
   Standard Notes (preformated in 1/1, 1/2, 1/4 and 1/8 in all keys)
   Standard Rests
   Tab Notes
   Drum Notes
   Pitch
   Duration
   Dots
   Accidentals
   Triplet
   Chord Symbols
   Automatic Chords
Bar Lines
   Various Bars
   Fine
   Fade
   Text
   Markup Text
   \addlyrics
   Font for this Bar
   Dictionary
   Ties
   Standard Tie
   Legato Slur
   Phrase Slur
Effects
Trills
   Grace Note
   Slashed Grace Note
   Turn
   Reversed Turn
   Trill
   Mordent
   Mordent Up
   Mordent Down
   Prall Mordent
   Prall
   Prall Up
   Prall Down
Signs
   Accent
   Portato
   Staccato
   Staccatissimo
   Tenuto
   Fermat
Effects
Guitar Effects
   Hammer On
   Pull Off
   Slide
   Vibrato
   Bend
   Unison Bend
String Effects
   Pizzicato
  Tremolo
   Glissando
Vocal Effecs
   Shout
   Natural Harmonics
   Artificial Harmonics
   Octave Signs
   Octave 8va up
   Octave 8va down
   Octave 15va up
   Octave 15va down
   Octava Bracket
Repeats
General
   Traditional Signs
   Guitar Repeats
   MIDI Unfold
Guitar
   / (1/4)
  ./.' (bar)
Repeat Signs
   Dacapo
   Al segno
   Coda

3) Format
===
Format
Tempo
   Tempo =
Meter
   Time Signature
Scales
   Major & Minor
   Modal Scales
   Advanced Scales
   Transpose
Clef
   Clef
   MIDI
   Change Instrument
   Volume
   Controls
   Layout
Bar
   Beams
   Partial Bar
   Empty Bars
System
   System Width
   Vertical Spacing
   Global
Elements
   Move Elements

4) Tools
===
Chords
  Major Chord Boxes
  Minor Chord Boxes
  Movable Chord Boxes, Advanced Jazz
  Creating a Chord Box
  Combining Chord Boxes and Chord Symbols
  Chord Symbols Only
   Lead Sheets
Alternative Chords
   Stack of Quarters
   Stack of Fifths
   Cluster of 1/1 notes
   Cluster of 1/2 notes
Harmonize
   Add 2nd Voice
   Add 3rd voice
   Add 4th voice
   Parallellism (5th)
Turns
   1st Position
   2nd Position
   3rd Position
Polyrhythms
   Triplets
   Complex Polyrhythms
   Polyrhythmic Groups
Phrases
   Rhythm Phrases
   Bass Patterns
   Drum Patterns
Advanced Rhythms
   Floating Meters
   Transpose Rhythm
Dynamics
   Dynamic Signs
Teachers
  Notes for Kids
  Hide Elements
Ancient
  Gregorian Chant
  Mensual Chant

5) Help
===
Help
Music Theory
Basic Piano
About A-Play

%%%% Simple System %%%%%

%%%%% PROLOGUE %%%%%
\header {
  title = "Simple"
  subtitle = ""
  subsubtitle = ""
  composer = ""
  dedication = ""
  opus = ""
  piece = ""
  arranger = ""
  poet = ""
  texttranslator = ""
  copyright = ""
}
#(set-default-paper-size "a4")
\paper {
  #(set-paper-size "a4")
}
\paper {
   hsize          = 21\cm
   vsize           = 28\cm
   topmargin    =  1\cm
   bottommargin = 0.5\cm
   leftmargin   =  2\cm
   rightmargin  =  2\cm
   linewidth    = 17\cm
}

%%%%% WRITE YOUR NOTES HERE - SKRIV NODERNE HER %%%%%

melody = \relative c' {
\set PianoStaff.instrument = ""
\set Staff.midiInstrument = "clarinet"
\clef treble
\key c \major
\time 4/4
%\tempo 4=100

d^\markup \fret-diagram #"6-x;5-x;4-o;3-1;2-3;1-2;"
}

%%%%% SCORE %%%%%
\score {
  \new StaffGroup <<
    \new Staff << \melody >>

\layout {
  \context{
  \Voice
  \remove "Note_heads_engraver"
  \consists "Completion_heads_engraver"
\midi { }

PS! We use version 2.6.5 to stay compatible with Windows 98, at least for a
period.