Re: \markup

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: \markup
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 22:18:08 +0100

Ole Schmidt wrote:

ok, now I get staff lines, time and key removed... But I don't know how to align the note-symbol with the text (so that the symbol behaves like a letter and I can type text before and after).
Same problem in the second example where I use the Feta-Font
How can I align two elements of a \markup?

ole

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\markup { per il clarinetto { \score {\new Staff \with {
\remove "Time_signature_engraver"
\remove "Clef_engraver" \remove "Staff_symbol_engraver"
} {
f'4:32
} \layout { } } } }

First step is to fix the horizontal alignment, using
indent = 0 and ragged-right = ##t (if you keep the Staff symbol
engraver, you will realize why).

For the vertical alignment, there's a markup command
\vcenter to set the alignment point on a specific markup
to be centered. There are no similar markup commands for
top and bottom aligned, but there you can use \general-align.
The following modified version of your example is hopefully
fairly close to what you want:
\markup { \general-align #Y #DOWN "per il clarinetto" \general-align #Y #DOWN \score {\new Staff \with {
\remove "Time_signature_engraver"
\remove "Clef_engraver" \remove "Staff_symbol_engraver"
} {
d'4:32
} \layout { ragged-right = ##t indent = 0} } }

Note that I changed the pitch of the note. Apparently, the
stave still allocates some space even though it's not printed.

\markup {{\musicglyph #"scripts.prallprall" }"= vibrato ampio"}

Here, you can use
\markup {{\musicglyph #"scripts.prallprall" } \vcenter "= vibrato ampio"}

  /Mats