Re: Switching between two- and three-staves piano score

From: Thomas Ruedas
Subject: Re: Switching between two- and three-staves piano score
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:48:40 -0500

On Wednesday 28 February 2007 03:53, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> > So, how do I get rid of that empty staff at the beginning?
> Just read the whole section on "Hiding staves" carefully, and you will
> find the answer.
I guess you refer to this sentence:
The first system shows all staves in full. If empty staves should be
removed from the first system too, set remove-first to true in
VerticalAxisGroup.
\override Score.VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first = ##t

Well, I had tried that, but whereever I insert this line, I get some error
message when compiling, e.g. when I do it like this:
  \layout {
    \context {
\override Score.VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first = ##t
\RemoveEmptyStaffContext }
    \context{
      \Staff
I get the following errmsg:
PianoSonataB_1.ly:432:15: error: syntax error, unexpected '.', expecting
SCM_T or SCM_IDENTIFIER
\override Score
               .VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first = ##t

Is there a bug in the doc or where do I have to insert the line? (My
Lilypond version is 2.8.1.)
Thomas