Re: Can Lilypond export separate pdfs?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Can Lilypond export separate pdfs?
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 21:02:09 -0400

2007/5/3, Joe Neeman <address@hidden>:
> I'm having trouble following this discussion of lilypond-book being
> slow -- I've just been putting together a 110 page book of Dowland
> parts (so about 80 individual 1-2 page "pieces" from lilypond's point
> of view), and I was pleasantly surprised at how fast lilypond-book
> would recreate all the .ly files.  I'm not saying I didn't go get a
> cup of coffee when I had to redo all 80, but I certainly didn't need
> to do it overnight or anything. 2.10 is definitely a lot faster than
> 2.0 was.

That's funny. Have you been using system-count or restricting where the line
and page breaks occur?

I think you misread. These are 80 1-2 page pieces, with no combined
page breaking, inside a lilypond-book document.

Jan did complete rewrite of lp-book in lilypond around version 2.1.20,
with improved speed as a result.