Re: GDP: renaming Program {usage, reference}

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP: renaming Program {usage, reference}
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 01:23:25 -0700

Eyolf Østrem wrote:
Sorry - my fault, I was thinking of the Program Usage, which to a large
extent has  to do with how to write code to produce a certain output (the
LP-book part) leaving bits and pieces which not necessarily belongs
together with the notation reference thematically, but which on the other
hand is so few pages, dealing with the fundamentals of how to run the
program, that it seems logical to have it in one place.

I don't follow -- especially the "to a large extent".

In the newly-renamed Application Usage, is there anything other than chapter 4 which you believe should be in NR? I really can't see anything of the sort.

Now, chapter 4 is debatable. But with the exception of 4.6.3, this chapter is dealing with including lilypond input inside lilypond-book -- the NR remains the source of information about lilypond input.

As such, I decided it made more sense in AU than in NR. I'll grant that it might be nice to include info like 4.6.3 in a later chapter of the NR; sorting out this kind of thing *is* on my list.

My mind could be changed on this issue,
- Graham