RE: Why can't I get a barline at the end of this"

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: RE: Why can't I get a barline at the end of this"
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 15:38:39 -0000

> Paul Scott wrote on 09 December 2007 15:06
> >
> > Now you know the meaning of "||:". What would
> then be the sense of ":||"?
> > "||:" produces a double barline at the end of
> the bar before "||:" if
> > there is a linebreak. But at ":||" you want
> ":|" at the end of the bar
> > and this doesn´t change if there´s a line break.
> >
> Certainly it does!  You want a double bar at the
> beginning of the next line.

Do you have any reference sources for this practice?
If so, the change you suggest would be a valid
request for an enhancement.

A quick look on my bookcase failed to provide an
example, although I found plenty of examples of the
opposite behaviour, ie previous line ending with
a end-repeat, next line no barline.