Re: partcombine, but including rests in quiet voices?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: partcombine, but including rests in quiet voices?
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 00:37:34 -0200

2007/12/11, Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>:

> Lilypond's partcombine comes quite close tho these guidelines, but in a few
> (but important) cases, it does not, most notably in the last case (where
> lilypond detects a "solo" also if one instrument is quiet for only one
> quarter!)

Lily's part combine works for a lot of cases but is very fragile, as
it has no notion of note (or rest length); it only looks at onset
times of notes.

I think there is little else to do but writing new code. Since you're
versed with coding C++, it might be something that interests you, and
I would be glad to guide you. Unfortunately, I don't have any time to
take this on myself.