font and staff size

From: Werner
Subject: font and staff size
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 19:25:59 +0000 (UTC)

Hello.

I want to use a less heavy font (smaller notes or wider staff) - less
black on paper. So maybe I should combine the font feta18 with staff-sice
20 or 21. But how to set the font size?

I found in the lilypond documentation only how to change the staff-size
(see below). But I cannot change the font. Who can help?

Thank you.

Werner

---

11.2 Music layout
11.2.1 Setting the staff size
To set the staff size globally for all scores in a file (or in a book
block, to be precise), use set-global-staff-size.
       #(set-global-staff-size 14)
This sets the global default size to 14pt staff height and scales all
fonts accordingly.
   To set the staff size individually for each score, use
       \score{
          \layout{
          #(layout-set-staff-size 15)
The Feta font provides musical symbols at eight different sizes. Each
font is tuned for a different staff size: at a smaller size the font
becomes heavier, to match the relatively heavier staff lines. The
recommended font sizes are listed in the following table:
font name       staff height (pt)    staff height (mm)  use
feta11          11.22               3.9               pocket scores
feta13          12.60               4.4
feta14          14.14               5.0
feta16          15.87               5.6
feta18          17.82               6.3               song books
feta20          20                  7.0               standard parts
feta23          22.45               7.9
feta26          25.2                8.9
These fonts are available in any sizes. The context property fontSize and
the layout property staff-space (in StaffSymbol) can be used to tune the
size for individual staves. The sizes of individual staves are relative
to the global size.
See also
This manual: Section 8.4.8 [Selecting notation font size], page 207.

---