Re: You can support software freedom in 2008!

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: You can support software freedom in 2008!
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 00:02:19 +0100

2008/1/8, Matthias Kilian <address@hidden>:

> Does this kind of FSF spam really belong to the lilypond-user mailing
> list (and to the lilypond-devel list, where it appeared too)?

I haven't seen it on -devel; has it been removed somehow?

> I don't think so. Indeed, I consider sending campaigns to mailing
> lists without the mailinglist address at least in the to: or cc:
> headers as offensive spam.

Hmm... OTOH, LilyPond *is* a GNU software. They have helped us in some
ways (ok, maybe they could have been even more helpful sometimes, but
we're still using their savannah resources, and so on), and by being
members of the LilyPond community, we are some kind of an extension of
the (very large) GNU community.

It is spam indeed, but not the usual (neither the most intrusive) kind
of spam. Plus, it is the very first time I see such a mail; I don't
think it's a FSF habit...
So, maybe we can just read it if we care, delete and forget it if we
don't, and move on :)

Regards,
Valentin