Re: Fitting more bars in a line

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: Fitting more bars in a line
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:37:14 +0200

Dear Valentin et. al.,

On Jan 14, 2008 1:00 PM, Valentin Villenave wrote:
> Can you give us some concrete examples of things you were looking for
> in such cases?

As an example I could give you this page-count parameter. I finally
found it using Windoze search option. It wasn't in the NR, IR, LM or
AU but on the News page. :-)

BTW. The page-count worked with my troublesome song. Now I can fit it
onto one page and have decent spacing between the systems, although LP
reports some programming errors. Yippee! :-)

Partly my confusion is caused by the split main document. I understand
that splitting is fine when there's much material. However, if you
search for a specific example that was on the old doc it could be
either in NR or LM in the new one. I will probably get used to it,
though. :-)

> The main piece of Documentation you need is almost always the Notation
> Reference anyway, isn't it?

Yes. That's the first place to look for things. A decent index that
could be reached from the top index page (Documentation/index.html)
would be nice, too. I'd also appreciate a link to the top index page
on each documentation page (NR, IR ...). See lilypond-big-page.html
for example. There's no direct link to the top index page (and
consequently to other main document pages).

-Risto