Re: \column inside a \column and baseline-skip

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: \column inside a \column and baseline-skip
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 21:44:23 +0200

Hi Kieren,

On Jan 29, 2008 8:08 PM, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Maybe the following hint will help you find an easier way:

Thanks for the tip. It is simpler than the nested column version but
it's probably not the silver bullet for my problem. If I commented out
the second title I would also have to change the \raise value for the
following header fields to -0.5 to keep the spacing similar.

Would it be possible to create a function / scheme procedure that
would check the header:subtitle and return a numerical value based on
its existence? Could that be given to  baseline-skip or \raise as a
parameter?

I tried the following (and got a lot of errors :-) ):

#(define (check-subtitle argI argII)
  (if (chain-assoc-get 'header:subtitle props -1)
      argI
      argII
      ))

The if statement probably works. It checks if the header:subtitle is
false or not and then it should return either one of the arguments.
Everything else around the if is probably all wrong, though, because
I'm just trying to learn, how LP uses scheme. :-)

The following worked with the \on-the-fly but that only works with
(complete) markup statements.

#(define (check-subtitle layout props arg)
  (if (chain-assoc-get 'header:subtitle props -1)
      empty-stencil
      (interpret-markup layout props arg)
      ))

-Risto