Re: Lily syntax in Python

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Lily syntax in Python
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:43:06 -0500

Prompted by this message I decided to try musicxml2ly again, and I have to say WOW!! I tried this a while back, probably with 2.10.33 or something, and it failed miserably. The output was totally unusable. This time was completely different. I took two Finale files, one simple and one fairly complicated and long, and exported them as musicXML files, then ran the musicxml2ly command on them and finally ran them in lilypond, and I can't believe how well it worked. Major props to the developers for this!! The final .pdf output was very good, almost usable "as is." With a few adjustments to the lilypond file it would be perfect. This is an amazing improvement over what I tried before. THANKS!!! This is going to save me countless hours of work if I want to convert my many, many Finale files to lilypond. Awesome!

Jon