Re: Vertical Collision

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: Vertical Collision
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 15:56:51 +0300

Hi Jeffrey,

2008/6/22 Jeffrey Vos:

> I'm pretty new at using LilyPond, but I'm trying to engrave some of my
> marching band music using it. I have a tuplet with a marcato marking
> underneath, and I cannot figure out how to keep the marcato marking from
> colliding with the tuplet. I've included a trimmmed down version of the code
> below and any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

With 2.11.49 the markup does not collide with the tuplet bracket. With
2.10 you could try increasing the padding of the markup.

%%% Begin %%%
\version "2.10.33"

\paper { ragged-right = ##t }

\relative c' {
 \clef bass
 \time 4/4
   a2 \times 2/3 {\once \override TextScript #'padding = #2
   a4_\markup { \italic marcato } a a}
}

-Risto