RE: How to split autobeam

From: Gerard L. Maters
Subject: RE: How to split autobeam
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 18:01:25 +0200

Hello Gilles, thanks for your respons.

I'm using v2.11.58-2 on a Centos 5 Linux system and Jedit on Windows.

It's all about modern music where auto-beam produces the wrong beaming
groups.

Here's one example that produces the wrong beaming:

right = \context Voice = "discant"

{

\clef violin

\time 4/4

\relative b' { <<b8. d fis b>> <<bes,16 d f bes>> <<b,8 d fis b>> <<b,8 d
fis b>>

<<cis,8 eis gis cis>> <<cis,8 eis gis cis>> <<d,8 f a d>> <<d,8 f a d>> }|

}

The compiler produces the correct beaming between the b8. and bes,16 chord
and between the two b,8 chords.

With the default auto-beam setting the next 4 chords are beamed together. In
this case the cis,8 chords should

Be beamed together and the two d,8 chords should be beamed.

I've tried severla options, for example adding \nobeam to the first d,8
chord. As a result the last two chords are

Beamed together, but the first two chords (cis,8) are then separated, not
beamed.

Also tried overriding the default auto-beam, but that didnot produce the
correct result (yet).

Hope you can help or point me in the direction where to look for a solution.

Thanks,

Gerard