Re: THANK YOU for Lilypond-Book

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: THANK YOU for Lilypond-Book
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 15:14:16 -0500

On Friday 07 November 2008 23:00, Jonathan Kulp wrote:
> Just a quick note to say "Thanks" to whoever's responsible for
Lilypond
> Book.  The combination of Lilypond with LaTeX is one of the most
> impressive tools I've ever used.  I wish I'd had this when I was
working
> on my doctoral dissertation in the late 1990s.

I used it for tengtr.pdf, on my site. It is too gnarly for my
application, and the next version will be done in html rather
than latex for conversion to pdf.  Lilypond-book is ideal for a
counterpoint workbook however. I can hardly wait to link to it.

I suggest that you include the lilypond examples as separate
.ly files rather than having the code in the .latex file, for
easier maintenance. I wish I had done that with tengtr.latex.
A revision will be much more of a nightmare than it could
have been. Regards, daveA

--
Free download of technical exercises worth a lifetime of practice:
http://www.openguitar.com/dynamic.html :::: You can play the cards