Re: musicxml2ly

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: musicxml2ly
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 06:40:31 -0600

Jonathan Kulp wrote:

As a a comparison I also tried the examples with the new Finale Notepad 2009. I hate to admit it but: At this moment Finale Notepad does a better MusicXML rendering job than Lily.

Not surprising, since they almost certainly created the xml files with Finale. Finale Notepad is a severly crippled version of Finale, though, while Lilypond's free version is, well, the only version, with all of the features of the full version. ;-)

Jon

I should have read the fine print carefully the first time. My suspicion was correct--from the Recordare website:

"All of these files were created in Finale first, then exported into MusicXML 2.0 and PDF formats."

Naturally the conversion back to Finale's format would be very smooth.

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com