Re: First Frog Task

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: First Frog Task
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 20:18:31 -0700

On 1/5/09 5:33 PM, "Neil Puttock" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2009/1/3 Valentin Villenave <address@hidden>:
>
>> And if you're running Windows and don't know how to look into the
>> source code, I personally find the following tool valuable:
>> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git
>>
>> (in the upper right box, type the name of the function you're
>> investigating, and select "grep")
>
> I find Savannah glacially slow, especially when looking at file
> history; the mirror at repo.or.cz (http://repo.or.cz/w/lilypond.git)
> is much more responsive.
Hmm -- that's an interesting trick.  I'd never tried that.  I too find
Savannah glacially slow.

> Carl, I'm sure you have this covered, but I thought I'd mention it
> just in case: of the 64 functions in B.14, there are three identifiers
> which don't use define-music-function directly, so it's not possible
> to add docstrings to them without breaking compilation.  Perhaps
> working out the solution to this might be an instructive task for one
> of the more adventurous Frogs. ;)

Actually, I don't have it covered.  I haven't looked at these things at all.
My plan was to accept the patches, build, and run the regtests, and find
things when they broke.

Actually, I asked the frogs to run the regtests.  So I'd guess that they'd
find it and ask for help.

Thanks for the heads up,

Carl